Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Top 5 books for a 1st Grader...picked by my daughter 6 3/4 years old :)

I'm going to let you in on a secret, I love to read! My daughter does not, and that makes me sad. It is a difficult concept, those phonics, but we're getting there!

One bonus is my daughter and I love to go to the bookstore, so that is a HUGE incentive for her. When we go, she "flies" over to the children's area and finds the books she would be interested in, and gets to pick out two to buy for herself! Here are a few of her favorites...

1. Not really a book, but a magazine. We have been getting magazines from Cricket since baby time. The best part about Cricket magazines, they grow with your child.

Save $4 off magazines for kids!

2. The Magic School Bus. Probably the one story line that has kept her interest! Her favorite stories are from Halloween and Planting in the Spring.

3. I have a picky eater...AARGH! So we have gotten some books about being/eating healthy, exercise, and how the body works (we do use the correct anatomical vocabulary when necessary). This is her favorite book in the "lets be healthy" category, called You are Healthy, by Todd Snow.

4. Anything Alexander...need I say more?

5. And her first favorite chapter book is about that crazy first grader Junie B. Jones. I read them to her, she follows along and we laugh together. Her favorite so far is the holiday book.

So that is my daughter, first grader 6 1/2 years old, top 5 books for a 1st grader. I don't think it gets more credible than that. P.S. One of the most awesome books my daughter received was a personalized book form "I See Me, Inc (TM)" personalized books for children. She seriously looks at this almost every day...you can get yours here...

Personalized Children's Books. Click here!

Thanks for checking out my daughter's list. Happy reading! Janelle